Friday 28 March 2008

Helooo...freebies, anyone?

Well, we are still waiting for the lucky 9th commentor, so all comments can be published. Not easy for an unfamous blog, huh. Hehe, but it's okay. No rush. Nothing to lose for waiting. I don't want to promote this offer, just waiting for any lucky visitor to fill the place.

I am preparing myself to produce Monday Artday ATC sized (2.5 x 3.5) artwork at the moment. ATC stands for Artist Trading Card, there are generally handmade and used for trading with fellow artist through the mail. This is fun, no need to spend much time for a drawing. Like this one, I made it last night, while watching TV. But not ready for trading yet. I experiment with different scanner setting few times but still difficult to get the original quality image. Without tweaking, I think the original still looks better. Below is the comparison between image produced with scanner and camera. Give me your opinion, or advice, please. But I always prefer to use camera than scanner. Glad to have apron in my drawing at last! I loooove aprons. If I can have many of them, I would be happy changing aprons everyday! I love sewing aprons and the chef hat...still learning how to sew that one. I even dream of selling mangosteenskin-branded aprons one day!

p/s: She does look a bit fat (maybe 5-10% fatter) in the camera photo, right? Or is it just my eyes?

11 comments:

mangosteenskin said...

cool...baru sahaja selesai mempublish kesemua 9 komen.

Terasa diri ini seperti Oprah, Eric Leong dan Anita Sarawak yang selalu bagi freebies dalam show diaorang. Hahahaha.

Restnrileks said...

kekeke..

ehhh..mango..rasanyer, kalo klik gambar, gambar scanner nampak lebih details dari kamera.

scanner memang mcm tu..memula pakai nak tweak agak sukar..tapi after a while.. u ll get used to it laa..

normally kalo gambar, saya tak guna digital..sebab mine just point n shoot not digital slr. Still prefer scanner.. scan dalam 200-400 dpi (bergantung kat saiz artworks) and save.. scan tinggi kalo artwork terlalu kecil pun tak help jugak..this is something that u have to try and get used to it ..

kalo nak kecikkan siaz atau alter resolution, nanti just guna photoshop jer.. but i ll always simpan the mastercopy yang scanned tu dalam bentuk asal tak dikacau.

:)

mangosteenskin said...

tq rizal...good tips. Might be becoz I feel more comfortable working with my camera, sebab tu jarang guna scanner. will try, and try, and try.

Anonymous said...

Very cute, I like the camera one better...the colors look nice. The ATC sounds fine, I want to try it some day!!

mangosteenskin said...

yes senta, let's join ATC. I've just became a member, haven't post any card for trading yet. maybe we can get the chance to have our hands on each other's handmade cards some day.

JERRY RUSSELL said...

I agree the camera image is definitely better. Scanners have a hard time with rough paper textures. Do you have Photoshop? If anything, I'd suggest just a little sharpening of the camera image. Maybe a little lightening of the midtones to try to reduce the paper texture slightly. I've done a few ATCs. Watercolor. Yours makes me want to do some more. :-)

Anonymous said...

OK! How did you join it? I would love to trade cards with you!

mangosteenskin said...

helo jerry! thank u so much for ur tips! For painted artwork, i usually try not to tweak so much becoz I want people to see how it really look like. Or if I tweak, I try to make it look as close as can be to the original. I don't have photoshop yet, i need to upgrade my RAM first.

Hi senta! glad u interested to join ATC. Suppose we can invite friends from there, but I'm not sure yet--how. will check out n contact u later.

eclectic works said...

Hi Mangosteenkin, just checking out some of the blogs from Monday Art Day and thought I would visit yours and Senta's since you are both fairly new to the group, you both do very nice work. If you want to invite more friends to Monday ArtDay, when you sign in to Monday ArtDay on the upper right hand side, it will say Hello Mangosteenkin and in parenthesis it says Invite More, click on it, and then you can send an invite to other friends to join by using their emails. Also if you and Senta want to trade, you can both add your work on your pages and let each other know by leaving a comment for each other or message each other. You can also put reserved on ATCs that you are going to put up if you want to make sure that Senta gets to see them first. If you need anymore help let me know :)
Esmeralda

cecima said...

owh dah tau ATC tu ape.. dari scanner looks better ..i guess.. yeah, nnt kite buat swap apron pulak eh!

i'll be the first one to join!

http://cecimacomot.wordpress.com

mangosteenskin said...

esmeralda, tq for being so helpful! look forward to make atc for monday artday!

cecima,
yeah....terfikir juga untuk swap apron tu. after this bolehlah kita buat. yeah! macam dah boleh terhidu bau apron baru!