Saturday 22 March 2008

Today is Saturday

A quick sketch in response to rizal's "apa cerita? saja suka2. =)"

Oh I thought yesterday was Saturday! (Just realize when I'm typing title for today's post. Will continue posting the sketch coz it's already done anyway.

Since it's a holiday, I planned to look for blue fabric to make apron for my sister in-law, and maybe some buttons, brown thread and smaller needle for my sewing machine (actually I'm still not familiar with this sewing thing so I planned to ask the lady at the store). I also planned to drop by at my frequently visited bookstore and perhaps buy some iron-on print paper for a personal project. The drizzle started getting heavier but luckily I have an umbrella!

Guess what, all the shop that I wanted to go were closed. It's Good Friday lah. How could I forgot that? Actually I don't know that shops might be closed on Good Friday. Not even the slightest of such idea came to my mind.

So I wander around the complex, until I started feeling hungry. Very hungry.

Ok. Saturday story. Weather; cloudy.

I wake up a bit earlier today, thinking about doing the laundry, the apron, illustration friday, who's going to send my mom home in the evening, what's for breakfast, and feed our pets. If you still don't know them;

Mr. Noko is nocturnal. He's very lazy and such a sleepyhead during the day. He's cute but NOT friendly especially to stranger. I think he don't like Mr. Kontot as he will get anxious and angry if he sees Mr. Kontot around. Mr. Kontot is a very naughty and hyperactive squirrel. He chewed the curtain, neighbour's astro cable and broom stick and bit my thumb a couple of days ago. He eat almost everything. So if you want to make friend with him, just share your potato chips, chocolate, cookies, crackers, peanut, pistachio, banana, apple, waterchesnut, sunflower seed (or fried fish and chicken wing?), etc. He escaped from his cage twice but return before dark.

9 comments:

Restnrileks said...

wahhh laju betui hang buat post.. terkejut betul.. rasa baru jerr dok komen-komen kat shoutbox..tup tup dah keluar...komen.. hehehe...

nanti rizal link post niii dgn my suka2.. hehehe...


ehhh illo tuu fun lahh pulak...cam narrated style..

:)

mangosteenskin said...

sketch tu buat sekejap...mengayat tu yang lama. Hehe.

emilayusof said...

Comel lah Mr Kontot itu! Anyway, great sketch!

Rain is good eh? Somemore can sing lagu Umbrella!

When the sun shines
We’ll shine together
Told you I'll be here forever
Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath
I'mma stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my Umbrella
You can stand under my Umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

AbGJaS said...

Hi Mangosteen,
Wah! Memang multi-talented betul ni.. stroke kartun Mangosteen mirip kartun jepun - ingat lagi 'pikachu'?- serta arwah Sudirman.

Stroke yg jujur dan tidak teragak2, tak gitu?

Tahniah! Jaafar Taib juga seorang pelukis figura dan lanskap yg hebat namun pada masa yg sama punya nama besar dlm dunia kartun.

Semuanya anugerah Allah...

mangosteenskin said...

emila, u make me sing and dance that "umbrella". Hihi. I love that song. TQ!!

Abgjas, wah...mcm ni boleh panggil kartun ka?

Still a lot to improved kan abgjas. U know sometimes I feel so small when I see all those supertalented illustrator in the bloggy world. And yes u r right, semuanya anugerah Allah, to each and everyone of us. Alhamdulillah.

Restnrileks said...

wahhhh...umbrella tuuu..haa ahhh kl pun memang hujan jerr memanjang semalam.. umbrella..ehh ehh ella..

:)

anak ayah said...

Mr Kontot tu cute la. saya juga suka tupai? mana nak cari ye?

mangosteenskin said...

rasanya x pernah nampak lg jual kat petshop.. biasanya ada kat dusun buah2n. kat kg2 pun ada. pasang perangkap jer, tp klu dpt yg msh kecik senang boleh jinakkan. klu dah besar biasanya x friendly.

anak ayah said...

wah, thanks ya. skrg x de rumah dan tangga lagi tp as soon as ada benda2 tu, nak cari la tupai dan burung hantu...