Sunday 23 March 2008

Just Hobbies

Apart from art and photography, I also found passion in DIY stuff. Sometimes my window shopping destination includes gardening and hardware sections, checking the price and sort of tools or material I could buy there when needed. Considering cooking and sewing as DIY, they too hardly escape my list. During my younger years in school, I used to make handmade cards and bookmarks for friends, files and paperbags, pencil holder, bookshelf, pillow and pillow cases, straw flowers and curtains for my room.

Unlike most of my friends, I never went to kindergarten. But thankfully, I'm quite a fast-learner and manage to catch up very fast later when I went to primary school. In those not-going-to-kindergarten years, I spent much of my time playing with my mom's sewing machine (and get myself scolded for broken needles). I made small shirts just for fun (even my little doll can't fit) and small sling bag for myself. Sometimes, I play with mom's yarn and knitting needles. There were times I play with my dad's tools. To name them; hammer (there was a small hammer for knocking small nails and I like that one very much (I thought it was made for me), saw, screw drivers, plyers, etc (of coz I got scolded by him too for many reasons). Everytime I finished using his tools, I will put them back to where they belong but my dad always know someone had disturbed his stuffs, hairan. I wonder why I didn't grow up being a martha stewart? (not yet maybe...haha).

These are two sites where we can get a lot of DIY ideas for hobbies and home improvisation (like them so much). Check out DIYideas and martha stewart's website (who don't know her?).


No comments: