Tuesday 13 September 2011

My Pastry Experiments

Only a few months left before I reach 30's.
And this is the first time I got the chance to own an oven.

To think back,
Sometimes I feel...(it's not sad but I don't know what it is)
30 years is quite a very long period (I don't know what have I done with that lot of time).

But ofcoz I feel so grateful whatever it is (we are always more fortunate than some people).

My pastry experiments; Lemon Meringue Cupcakes (made from Mom's homegrown lemons), mini cinnamon rolls (served with cream cheese frosting), pizza (I found one easy and sure-jadi dough recipe by Jamie Oliver~ and I'm still experimenting with different toppings, the list seems endless), and last but not least, moist chocolate cakes/cupcakes. For the time being I just use Nona Cake Mix for the batter because it is economical and quick :) HAHAHAHA. The only thing that is prepared from scratch was the chocolate ganache.

I still remember when we were young,
my dad got a pie dish as free gift for buying a tin of formula milk for my baby brother.
The dish was decorated with an illustrated lemon meringue pie recipe.
I always wonder how it would taste.
Thinking,
when I grow up, lemon meringue pie is one of the recipe I want to try.

Hehe, not yet a pie lah~
but I'm still feeling so content for these humble achievements :)

Happy!!!
... and chubbier :)

No comments: