Thursday 8 May 2008

Art Attempt with Handmade Stamps!


Actually I have no idea what the rooster is saying to the peacock. Do u?

As I said before, I want to try making handmade stamps of more complicated motifs. So this is my attempt with image of rooster and peacock derived from Batik semen design from Java. Batik semen is a group of batik patterns representing various organic motifs, usually incorporating a background of tendril designs. Of coz, there's alot more interesting motifs that caught my attention but I will only choose a few. The size of the rooster and peacock are approximately 4 x 3 cm and it does take a lot of patience and extra care when using the knife. Not only to avoid cutting my own fingers but also to get the image accurately shaped. Usually when it comes to the tiny details, I need to breath in and out very slowly, and sometimes I even hold my breath! Anyway, I find this hobby very mind relaxing. :)


Stamps & ink on paper

Above illustration was created using my handmade rubber stamps. You may have seen the leaves and butterfly in my previous post but the flowers and ants are from my latest collection.I gave the original ants and daisy to Rizal and Linda. But no problem, I can always make the duplicates. Other new stamps as you can see below (not that many, actually).

Background pic. credit : Abd. Hakam from Ampang (DCM-oct'07)


This is how I keep these rubber stamps to protect them from damage. Complete with the sample image and mangosteenskin's sticker. They look like they are ready for sale, right? Haha. Owh, I juz bought the magnifying lense yesterday but i feel uncomfortable working with it. Yes, I need time to get use.

16 comments:

Restnrileks said...

ooooohh la la! awesome art. Yang mcm flora fauna tuu memang lawa. Rizal suka betul. That rooster and peacock repetitive patterns pun lawa. kalo chop banyak2 buat wrapping paper memang menarik tuu.. Teruja macam nak cuba. Haha, rizal nii memang macam2 teruja nak cuba tapi tak cuba2 lagi..kekeke..

twp thumbs up from me. Huhuhu..

Ida Karim said...

Kudos Manggis! Can I buy one?
You're so talented girl!

xoxo
Kak Ida *hehe*

Nanaybelen said...

hi! artistic and nice

bluecrystaldude said...

Lawanya.. I am not sure whether I have enough patient or talent to do all those detailed stuff. hoho. Really2 interesting.. You should sell it!

abdullahjones said...

saya suka.

Lestat said...

camne u buat rubberstamps tu..??nk tau..tlg.write to me please tunlestat@gmail.com.tq so much.

mangosteenskin said...

halo rizal!
tq...awal2 pagi dah komen. Mari...mari...rizal. buat rubber stamp pulak. hehe.

hai kak ida!
TQ juga. awal2 pagi dah cek blog mangosteenskin. gembiranya. hehe. erm...cuba kak ida bagitau...kak ida suka yang mana satu?

halo belen...
thanks for dropping by n take take to comment! do come again yah! :)

dude,
kalo ada orang mau beli sudah tentu saya jual! Haha! kalo ada orang mahu saya ukir stamp untuk design mereka sendiri pun saya mahu cuba. sebab mungkin itu lebih mencabar.

trimakasih abdullahjones,
tak silap saya selalu nampak encik dalam blog en. naga. saya suka galeri rajawali itu.

hai lestat..
harap lestat check link yg saya bagi tu ya. kalau nak tanya apa2 jangan malu jangan segan datang lagi ke mari. hehe.

rajawali art studio said...

kami benarkan dan berbesar hati di link.

Ida Karim said...

Suka semua he he he....your face stamp & butterfly. Tapi you bagi duplicate jela...takmo yg original...segan la.

mangosteenskin said...

encik rajawali,
wokeh. link! link!

hai kak ida,
ketawa saya baca jawapan kak ida ni. Hihihi.

Hihihi.

Pupu Sulaiman said...

OMG!!! This is so great Mango!! I love it!! :D and the details too. Awesome...

pupu
http://bubbly-pu.com

mangosteenskin said...

hi Pupu,
Thanks pu. *blush*

heilly said...

these are really beautiful!!! you have great talent~!!

Elara said...

Kak Manggis, saya dgn tak malunya nak request link utk buat rubber stamp jugak! (saya tau boleh Google, tapi nak jugak tanya dgn Kak Manggis sendiri..hehehe)

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful, you could go into business!! Amazing!

mangosteenskin said...

halo kiki!
thank u so much!

debbie,
nanti share lah gambar stamp yg dah siap okay! hehe.

hi senta!
really? for the time being, it is just a hobby. thank u for ur comment! i really appreciate ur visit.