Tuesday 26 February 2008

Nymph...call me nymph

dragonfly nymph 2006

I was crawling on the football field, looking for any insect to be shot. I found this dragonfly nymph and witnessed a murder! Haha..

"Tengok ni! Tengok ni! Dragonfly ni tiada sayap?! Ini lain jenis nih! (look! look! this dragonfly is wingless?! must be a different one!", punyalah sakai aku taim tu. First time nampak nimfa pepatung. Bukan lipas saja ada nimfa tau! Hahahaha...I think my brain is polluted by the idea that usually new-found things will be named after the founder's. Or in this case, the nymph found me.

Click here if you want to see dragonfly lifecycle or here if you want to know the definition of the word nymph.

8 comments:

emilayusof said...

Great macro!

bluecrystaldude said...

do you know that nymph could also mean a beautiful young woman? (usually used in poet) I hope you don't know about it so that I could call you nymph, in a meaning of beautiful woman, not that nymph.. Haha.. :D

mangosteenskin said...

oh thanks emila! macro is my favorite.

dude, u think why I ask to be called nymph? hehe. :)

Sahar Ajami said...

thanks for the link!
I like your works too,
specialy this new one"multiple'
good luck

Restnrileks said...

ola..

the photo looks great..

ohhh speaking of nymph..first thing that comes in my mind is nymphadora - that beautiful witch in Harry potter and the order of phoenix..

teng teng tereng teng teng teng..

wingordium leviaosa..hehehe

nevertheless..it is a beutiful shot

mangosteenskin said...

thanks for taking time to visit me, sahar!

what will happen after the wingordium leviaosa! rizal? your "teng teng tereng teng teng teng.." really made me laugh. I can imagine how it sounds. Haha.

Willie Baronet said...

Great photo!!

Lucy Autrey Wilson said...

I'm a big fan of the wonderful world of insects and this photo is exceptional!