Monday 18 February 2008

Illustration Friday : Theory

When I found out that this week IF topic is "theory", the first thing that came up my mind is Newton Theory, or Theory of Gravity by Sir Isaac Newton. He got the idea of gravity when one day, as he sat under an apple tree, an apple fall on his head (not sure if the apple really fall on his head or not). "When I was in my garden one day thinking about the theory of gravity, an apple fell from the apple tree. I wondered why it fell down instead of up or sideways. I figured that some force must be pulling the apple down toward the earth. This incident inspired me later to form the theory of gravity".

So i decide to create an illustration based on the apple tree incident. I call this drawing "Theory of Gravity". And the explaination...man always on top of everything but when it comes to "woman", they are the one who always fall. Women...we are really the world's centre of gravity, aren't we? Hehe.

6 comments:

Restnrileks said...

wah...yip yip..hooray..yip yip horrah..baguslahh..dah masuk illos friday..sori yerr lambat reply..kena pergi kurusus btn laa selama 6 hari..wah..yang nii suka laaa..warna terang2.. alamak..niii nak kena siap homework theory pulak dah... nak buat apa yerrr...?

btw, i like that "basah atas basah" art work..

mangosteenskin said...

tq. oh patutlah senyap saja. cepat2! siapkan illo! haha.

Aaron M said...

very nice illustration...what did you do it in? I appreciate the quote by Isaac Newton...

emilayusof said...

Yay! What a cool illo! Love how the love falls like an apple! Great job!

mangosteenskin said...

tq aaron,it's watercolor on paper.

helo emila, as usual, it's nice to see u here. im glad u can see the love falls that way. :)

Designing Fairy said...

this reminds me of those old 50s romances with the girl relaxing in the background.