Thursday 19 June 2008

Nature Swap

I want to give myself a try participating a swap in Monday Artday ATC. The theme is Nature and all submission need to reach the host at Missouri, United States by July, 11. I don't know how long it will take for a snailmail to reach US but for sure I need to complete the set (3 cards) as soon as possible. I made the sketches last week but have very little time to concentrate on them. I mean, eventhough they just small cards but I need proper time to give full attention on my drawing. I keep it in a small pocket file and take it wherever I go. My sister in-law saw the Flamingo sketch and ask me if she can have it (she loves drawing too)---but I promise to make another one for her some other time (I just promise but I don't know when, hehe). The swap is my priority, for the moment.

Flamingo - ATC (2.5 x3.5 inch)

We had our lunch at Anak Mami Restaurant last Sunday because my hubby had some work discussion with a Project Consultant. They don't need secretary to jot down the minutes (haha!) so I chose to sit in the car, cut a small plastic bottle in half, fill it with some water and begin coloring the "Flamingo". The drawing didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be but it's okay. The time is well-used, right?

Frog - ATC (2.5 x 3.5 inch)

I had to steal some time to color the "Frog" this morning. Instead of using blue to color the water, I use black, mixed with some green. I expected earlier that i would spend more time on froggy but the lotus leaves were more time consuming. I love this Frog (and would like to keep it for myself) but, nah... it's for swap. One more card to complete the "Nature" set!

I also want to apologize to Kak Emila, Rizal, Kak Ida, Debbie, Jiwasintetik, Megat and Cima for the delay of posting back the swapped Identity ATCs. Unfortunately, seems like we need to proceed without the cards from Pupu. I will try to get them mailed as soon as possible. Pupu, I feel so sorry if your cards really lost, but just in case they arrive late, I will mail them to the host of our next swap, okay?

8 comments:

remain.anonymous said...

I love the frog Mango. :D i love the green color of the frog. Really nice. *teehhee*

Its ok dear. :) just proceed with the ATC. I guess they are lost somewhere. boohoo.

pupu
http://bubbly-pu.com

bluecrystaldude said...

Love the frog my dear friend! :D

emilayusof said...

Wow! Beautiful cards! Yes, I love the frog too!

Restnrileks said...

wow..beautiful.. memang lawa.. agree dengan pendapat lain semua kat atas..

suka yang katak.. begitu memberi kesan visual..

Antown said...

semuanya agree kalo karya mbak look beautiful. Warnanya sudah cukup natural. Ada apa nih dengan Pupu? saya sering kunjung ke blog dia

mangosteenskin said...

hi pupu, bluecrystaldude, kak emila, rizal and antown! thanks for visiting and comment. u guys made my day!!

Bobo said...

Love your frogs, so beautifully done! I like the turtles drawing up there as well.

mangosteenskin said...

thank u bobo!!