Saturday 7 June 2008

Drawing Day



Okay. I hope it's not too late to join Drawing Day. Rizal did inform me, and I did learn about it in Kak Emila's blog. It's just a very quick browse through, didn't pay attention on the exact date. I thought I always have "later" for all that. Blame it on my procrastinating habit. Fortunately, I visit Kak Emila's blog just now and realize the Drawing Day is today!! Kak Emila made a very cute picture book entitled "Mom's Garden" for this special day. The illustrations are very cute and adorable. Excellent job Kak Emila! The story is fantastic---I think it's almost every litte girl's dream to be in a beautiful garden with friendly birds, butterfly and ladybugs!

So, back to Drawing Day. For those who still don't know about it. Drawing Day is a worldwide drawing event encouraging everyone to drop everything and draw for the sake of art. It's held on the first saturday of June each year. The aim is to create 1 million online drawings this day and boost online art communities. For those who want to participate, all you have to do is submit drawing to any of the art communities listed on the Drawing Day's website (please click on the picture to learn more).

Since I'm not aware that today is Drawing Day---I have no intention to make any drawing. Later in the evening, the rain was pouring down heavily. We went to visit mama at my sister-in-law's house but there was nobody at home. So while waiting in the car, I took out a piece of paper leftovers that I used to keep in my bag. I manage to doodle some background for the stamp image that made earlier.

When mama arrived, we made some pisang goreng. While having the nice cups of tea complemented with freshly made fried bananas, I continue making another doodle on a different piece of paper. Mama keep asking questions like, "what are you doing?", over and over again, everytime she paused chit-chatting with my hubby. I said, "Just doodling ma", then she start asking, "What are you drawing?" and "The thing that you're doing, what is it for?". Hm, I took time to answer her questions, cause it's an aimlessly drawing so I really don't know what I'm working on. "It's a view, ma. Of a dream. Fantasy. Abstract. I don't know. This is just some paper leftovers, so instead of throwing them away, maybe I can make some bookmarks".

I already sent my scanner to the office, so I can't post the doodles that I made today. Maybe tomorrow I'll use my camera to get some pictures and upload it on Flickr Drawing Day group. Good night and Happy Drawing Day 2008 everyone!!

*****

Okay. Today is Wednesday, June 10. I was not in the office for a couple of days because I was in the hospital accompanying my hubby's aunt, Mak Mah. She supposed to undergo an operation to remove some suspected malignant cancer cell from her breast but since the hospital is having power supply problem, her operation had been cancelled. Same goes to other patients who supposed to go for operation on Monday and Tuesday. Mak Mah's operation had been rescheduled to 30th June. That's why I didn't manage to upload these doodle earlier.

This is the doodle which I did in the car. I plan to add some colors but I'm a bit tied up so no time for that. Otherwise, the update of this post will be delayed further. When my hubby said; "Peacock don't climb trees", I realized that I could have made a mistake! Before that, I thought it's a hornbill (without the horn?). Haha! Becauce the image is taken from a batik motifs, so I thought maybe from an artistic point of view--->the crown is the horn! In my Identity ATC---I made the peacock sit on tree too!



Look at this hornbill. What do you think?

This is the second doodle. I like it better in black and white--somehow I regret with the attempt to color it. It spoils the drawing. "The Fly" is a poem by William Blake".

5 comments:

♥ Carol ♥ said...

Happy Drawing Day 2 u 2 cik puan mangosteen :) .. salam kat pickles ya and owh you got tagged by the way hehe :)..cheers

Antown said...

saya baru tahu kalau ada hari menggambar. itu diperingati di malaysia saja atau dunia?

bluecrystaldude said...

I thought it was "pisang goreng" rather than "goreng pisang"? hehehe.. :P I am myself is not so sure about this, but I think somebody told me it works like that. Adeh, lapar pulak..

Can't wait to see the drawing tomorrow :D

bluecrystaldude said...

Oh, Love the horn idea! hehe.. And the second doodle is nice too. I don't think you're spoiling anything :) Love the poem though - I am sure hope William Blake is a human being and not a fly :P

Faisal Admar said...

the horn bill is so cute hehe. and love the poem... meaningful :)