Sunday 29 June 2008

Art in the Kitchen


I re-use empty jam and spread jars to keep the kitchen ingredients. I plan to draw on the glass but I'm reluctant to buy the glass-painting medium as they are expensive. I'm not sure if arcrylic can be used but I'm too lazy to try.

The day I drew the "Twin Roosters", I thought it would be perfect for the label of my spice jars. It gives a kind of vintage or country feelings---with batik-motif-roosters! But most of all, I would be very happy to bring art into the kitchen. Furthermore, I would not get confused between the Cumin (jintan putih) and Fennel (jintan manis) powder anymore. Haha.

The labels were printed on waterproof self-adhesive paper. Let me know if you're interested to have the label set. RM12 for Cumin, Fennel, Curry Powder, Coriander and Turmeric. You can request to change the label names, or if you want me to make an artsy customized kitchen lables for you, I would be very happy to do so!!

Let's bring art into the kitchen!

10 comments:

emilayusof said...

What a great idea!

Elisha said...

those jars look suspiciously like nutella jars! =) hehehhe.. good idea hunny...hugs!

bluecrystaldude said...

Nice2.. Very creative indeed :)

Anonymous said...

Your rooster labels are such a charm.

Restnrileks said...

great..

they look awesome..

Syabas mango, lately, you are moving at amazing speed with your mangosteenskin.. jealous..hehehe

happy monday..

funfliffy said...

ello mango :) thanks for the sketch tips.. i hope i can join ur swap for another time u host it.. hehe.. sounds great n fun.. can u design a label set for me.. hehe i love ur candy drawing down this post.. and can i put words such as 'fun with fliffy' ?

Faisal Admar said...

Lol mango and mangosteen are 2 different gorgeous fruits lah!

So, should I call you Mango too? :P

For my opinion they look good. You don't need to color the bottle anymore. Transparent with label on it looks sexy! ;)

Veda said...

fantastic....creativity mangosteen!

Veda said...

Can you add my blog

http://kaikriye.blogspot.com

to your blog roll...

thank u

Anonymous said...

what's ur email?