Saturday 12 February 2011

Tiny Details

Living in an apartment, we share the same stairs and walkway with many other families.

Few steps away from the main entrance to the stairs, there's a concrete slab covering the drain and it makes a "dong!" sound everytime someone steps on it. Funny, I can distinguish the "dong!" created by my husband's feet and his familiar footsteps. Sometimes I am quick enough to open the door before he knocks.

We, actually without realizing it sometimes, knows the people that close to us, close to all the tiny details.

I still remember my late grandfather, his distinct way of calling my little sister, and asking her if she wants anything every time he's going to the town . The last time I heard it was before he went to the hospital, about 23-24 years ago.

***

TING!

Appreciate the tiny details,
it's a blessing but we don't know when it will be taken from us.

No comments: