Saturday 9 January 2010

No Title

I'm still in debt with many people...I mean work, services I promised them. If one day I die and fail to deliver them, please halalkan k. I also still owing email replies. Kerja-kerja pejabat pun banyak yang menunggu, kepada yang mempunyai perniagaan sendiri, mereka akan tahu apa yang perlu dibuat sebelum 31 Januari setiap tahun. I promised that I will arrange payment for zakat perniagaan, dan (baru teringat) lesen perniagaan perlu diperbaharui. I have mentioned to my boss, that I'm willing to cut 1/3 of my salary if he can provide an assistant for me in the office (so I can concentrate more on Mangosteenskin) but he said, "We'll see". Based on my experiences, that would most probably means, "No". Nevermind, I take it as a challenge to overcome my own weeknesses.

Maybe this year I need to create serious guidelines for myself and future customers. I need to come up with certain rules for Mangosteenskin, like restricting up to 10 orders only per month. Or, maybe 5 for a beginning. I want to reserve more time for reading, chores, religious-aspects and family....or maybe "family-planning". Haha. I have great experiences trading creative products and services in 2009, and hopefully this year I will be more mature when dealing with stuffs.

I made a drawing recently. It supposed to be for one of my customer but since she wants to put her order on hold, now my idea is, maybe I can use this drawing for other purpose. Not sure yet. I just hope I can do more drawing in 2010.

I had problem sleeping due to bad flu and cough few days ago. So I woke up and started carving. No mood to carve actually, but it's just something to distract my mind from discomfortness. I've prepared the eraser for carving earlier but I was so scared of the small wordings. Afterall, I can't go back to sleep so took the chance to continue my work. I love the silence and yeah, I really took all the time. When finished, I tested the stamp on paper and


They turned out quite well! It's a new achievement and I almost teary! You know, sometimes when I commit myself to a customer's request, I don't even know whether I can do it or not. But I like to give a shot first, before saying no.



Below are my other completed and progressing works.






Okay, that's all for now. Till next update.

13 comments:

Sugarpink Icing said...

Cant wait for mine but its ok Iam very penyabar :)))

euphoria said...

hail! heheh... you have outdone yourself yet again! detail yg sgt amazing ok... :)

Abam Kie said...

melan,

i wish a prosperous year ahead. may all ur dreams n wishes come true. my colleague, Madam Ainul, who was serving at Majakir from 1999 to 2004, has adopted a baby boy. She got married in 2002. But I think it's still early for u to decide...

kertas puteh said...

aaaaa sukaaa gilaaaa!
can't wait!

u rawkass!!

Restnrileks said...

Mengeleng kepala sebab terkejut.

Kalau rizal tu mau sudah berpinar dah mata kecik macam tu.

Frankly, i miss your drawings la manggo. Great to see your watercolor artwork here again.

I have always loved the way you use colors. Very dreamy, very fairy like fantasy. Tu yang syiok bila tgk macam terawang-awangan pula. Lupa sekejap masalah depan mata. Hehe.

I agree, you should probably have like 5 orders in a month, unless kalau tempahan tu datang dari Incik RestNrilekS, boleh la dibuat pengecualian kan?

Happy drawing and happy 2010

Letizia said...

Woooow! Your rubber stamps are really incredible. I love them all!

mangosteenskin said...

sugarpink icing,

hehehe. mmg pelanggan2 mango terpaksa byk2 bersabar (sorry ya). sometimes i think i take this carving, stamp designing job too seriously. terlebih teliti kot. the truth is, i always come up with multiple designs untuk setiap customer. final sekali br mango decide satu atau dua yg terbaik utk dipropose. kdg smpi tak tidur semalaman...haha...mmg selow la mango ni.

mangosteenskin said...

euphoria...
perasaan dia mcm nyanyi lagu "we are the champion" ~ haha. Kdg2 kalau kita push ourself kuat2 kita "terbuat" benda2 yg kita sangka mustahil.

mangosteenskin said...

sir juk,
thank you very much cikgu. I have thought of such thing before tp xmau pikir sgtlah...there must be a reason behind everything, and the timing.

kura-kura dlm perahu, dalam hati siapa yg tahu.

mangosteenskin said...

kertas puteh,
yeah! u rawkass too! sebab sampai hati betul nak bagi mango design susah2 mcm tu. Hahahaha.

mangosteenskin said...

rizal...

owh, tq rizal.

but...siapa kata tak berpinar... pedih2 dan berair gak mata ni. tapi entahlah...kuteruskan jua bila sudah asyik. haha.

yalah, mmg rindu benar nak menghasilkan lukisan2 ni...dekat sabah art gallery ada bengkel setiap hujung minggu. terfikir jg nak pegi, untuk mencari pendedahan. tp uiyooo....malas. Kelas iqra' pun hr tu pegi sekerat jalan sj...hahaha.

mangosteenskin said...

letizia,

hi! thanks so much letizia! :)

Unknown said...

org sarawak cakap..." nang kacak la stamp kitak tok... " :)