Thursday 23 April 2009

Life in the City...

...is great, but it would be nice to own a house in a peaceful village and maybe, own a farm too. Then I can sing, "Mango-steen-skin has a farm...ee..yaai..ee..yaai..yo!"

Everytime I see a picture of a green farm with blue skies and animals grazing in the field, it always bring me to the thought of my hubby. You are in the picture darling! My old-McDonald!

Haha!

I'm working on a "farm" in my "Dew Drop World" (that's what I would like to call this stamp series), but I'm sure the sheeps are going to give me hard times (that's why I put them in circles). Hm, shall I dismiss them?



I can't wait to start carving, but I already spent 2 hours sketching it. Gotta get back to other job now!

~~continued~~

New stamp is born!

I said, I just going to try carving the sheeps and finish the rest later...but then, I got carried away! I made a mistake and have to toss away the first rubber, and start a new one. Was a bit rushing on the trees though. A bit rushing on this post update too... Whatever, I have a farm now!


With the smallest sheeps in the world!

16 comments:

Izzat said...

wah. can't for this one to be commissioned. beautiful design. i say keep the biri-biri. kalau nak korbankan pun, sekor je lah. :P

mangosteenskin said...

Izzat,

I kept the biri-biri izzat! All three of them! They are a bit difficult to handle, but I made it!

Are you serious you want to buy this farm?

Aneesah said...

Very very very comeyl. I love the water drop shape/concept. :DD Make more!

mangosteenskin said...

Hi Aneesah!

TQ! yes I got few more droplet design in hand, just waiting for the right time to carve them.

how's exam dear? hope you did well!

Aneesah said...

Hehe, exam blum lagi, on 3rd June nanti. Itu pun one paper je, muahaha. ;D (Tapi sebenarnye tgh ade essay deadline ni.. 2500 words in 2 weeks... alamak. =x )

Thanks for coming by my site too. C=

izzat said...

truly beautiful work. i love the green ink. special ink kah? ermm.. commissioned means selling it off eh? what i meant was i can't wait for it to see it carved out. :P
maaf ye. almaklumlah, amatur.

Restnrileks said...

Mango,

as usual, wickedly brilliant!! What else can i say. "thumbs up ya!"


Oh my. Been missing for such a while, and now.. mangosteenskin has a new name. I really like that kulit manggis la.

Next time, we must have a chat, so that you can help me transform mine to dot com too. lol

I really admire you la for able to do all those details in such small working area.

Orait till next time. Anyway, thanks for dropping by at rnr ya. :)

CAHAYA said...

Nice little farm you have there. :P

Soulie said...

cute farm with cute sheeps!!

Azlina Abdul said...

Mango....check out this website for good quality erasers :) Hope this helps!

http://www.stampeaz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=348&zenid=47d25849c0220bcbe918937e5eb05492

mangosteenskin said...

hi izzat!

it's ok! commision means you paying someone to do something for you, artworks, craft etc.

mangosteenskin said...

hi rizal!!

i always amazed by your capability of composing such an uplifting and supportive comment! Thank you very much...and anytime you need my help..just Ym or email!

mangosteenskin said...

CAHAYA,

Nice isn't it? Thanks!

mangosteenskin said...

Hi soulie!

Glade I didn't dismiss the sheepies! They are the highlight of the farm!

mangosteenskin said...

Azlina,

TQVM! you are indeed very halpful. thanks for sharing! best wishes on your new obsession - stamp carving!

Restnrileks said...

hahaha..

manggo, funny la you can see that detailed sketch in my post. Saje jer letak tu.

Bila nak update. hehe.. Happy weekend ya. :)