Friday 9 January 2009

Rest n Rileks

I should be resting and getting enough sleep if I want to Rest n Rileks but before that, I would like to quote an SMS which has been forwarded to me on recent new year, "Remember, life is short, break the rules, forgive and forget quickly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret any thing that made you smile". Well, I don't really believe with breaking the rules as to live life to the fullest, but thank you so much Alice for the SMS, because it really gives my spirit a lift. Be spontanenous, just do what we like to do, and what make us and our love ones happy and get rid of all the unnecesary worries. Ok, I get it. Remind me this again, please. Because I am forgetful.

My second half of 2008 was so packed, and that I admit I am not so good in everything I do as sometimes I require more time to finish a task. But I still remember all the promises and commitments I made last year, and I shall continue the quest of realizing it. And speaking of the promises, I stayed up last night carving the stamp requested by Rizal since September last year. I was flattered that he trusted to me to select the best portion from his doodle to be integrated into the design. To be frank, I really don't know from which section to crop. I need to simplify the details to make it possible for me to carve, but I must also ensure the identity is retained. Plus, he wants the stamp to be fun and whimsical, and a butterfly as an addition.

You really put me on a challenge lah Rizal. I don't even have any basic knowledge or experience in design and everything I do just base on what I think I saw beautiful. I believe Rizal must have been busy as my request for confirmation has been pending since that September. I came up with another stamp design yesterday, but in the end choose to follow his earlier request. And the carving process is, scarry....maybe because Rizal is also a lecturer at Institut Kraf Negara...takot!!

Fewh...luckily, I made it (after missing many, many times of breath inhaling).


Stamp size 2.0cm (h) x 7.0 cm (w) <----sakit mata aku

Earlier tracing work and other design (trying to make the carving easier actually, hehe)

7 comments:

Ciyou said...

Looks very details, nice

Ciyou said...

looks great~~ your carving skill more detail and good

rainingheaven said...

wow.. how did u make those stamps?

mangosteenskin said...

helo ciyou

thank you. This stamp is really a challenging one, but very satisfying!

mangosteenskin said...

hi rainingheaven!

i use knife to carve erasers!

Restnrileks said...

manggo... sorri .. rizal lupa... lama tak check.. tak perasan dah siap..


satu jer komennnnn....

eeeeeeee haaaaaaa.... i like it....

cepat2 hantar quotation... hehehehe..

tak sabar nak dapat... ahak ahak ahak

Nor Rimah said...

kalau saya nak buat stamp tu boleh ke...