Wednesday 7 January 2009

A and F


I took only one (sleepless) night to make F, but almost 2 weeks to finish A. They must have reached KL by today and I only spend MYR11.90 for their air ticket. Bye bye, A! Bye bye F!

Their badges? Oh, I made them using my quick handmade stamps (inspired by Ciyou's Christmas badges). A and F, respectively means Alysha and Fara (my stepdaughters living in KL). I manage to find the same sock pattern to replace the previous one and the old one will be given to ... "hey Free..it's yours!".

I tried to finish them before the school holiday ended, but I missed the deadline. I had a hard time stuffing the skinny-skinny tail and stitching the "simpson" mouth and ears. Anyhow, I think I did just great (angkat bakul). I plan to sew a vest or shirt, or coverall or scarf... but I think these stripy monkeys look just fine ... naked, right? Well, I lied. I just don't have enough time for more experiment.

7 comments:

Ciyou said...

Long time no see u posting~~ how r u...

Those sock toys are just so cute... Stamped badges are fun~~ right?

Faisal Admar said...

mango, my niece's birthday is in august :D

Bee said...

You know my mojo pun masih belum siap lagi.. huhu. I am so busy I think I am never gonna finish any of my projects before school start huhu... final year is so scary.

mangosteenskin said...

yeah ciyou,

need to give priority to other stuffs eventhough i loooove blogging.

your badge idea is great. i can see a lot of possibilities in it.

mangosteenskin said...

faisal,

oh august is still a long way to go. let me know if you still want the sock monkey. hehe.

mangosteenskin said...

baizurah,

it's ok. sock monkey can wait. in life, we have to accept we can't do everything. need to prioritize.

all the best in your final year.

ahmad said...

i'm impressed...do u make something like dat custom puppet for other people too...yang willing to pay u....like me...