Wednesday 16 March 2011

For a Friend

Just to name
one of "other things" that I love is,
Papercutting.

But above image is not papercut,
it's just a test-print of something I drew in Photoshop.

A close friend happened to visit me that day,
so this idea came spontaneously.
I took my calligraphy marker and wrote
"Friendship Forever" (with noticeable mistakes :P),
took out my wedding photo from a frame,
and replaced it with this print.

I accidently cut myself with the sharp edged glass in the process,
and you can see some blood stain at the bottom.

I tried to rub the stain with eraser, :P
but it's unremoveable,
so I just seal it and present it to my friend.

Then I told her,
"It's okay if you don't want because it has blood stain on it, I cut myself with the glass",
then she replied,
"I should cut myself too and mix our blood, before you seal it".

Hahahaha...thank you my friend.
You're a sister indeed.

Here's another work,
printed as greeting card.
It's Rigger, my cat, and me.
No, I'm not pregnant, it's just some sort of a reminder for us,
being 29 and owner of bulging tummies.
Hahahaha.

Happy Birthday Lily!
Hopefully we'll be slimmer in our 30's.

1 comment:

rkramadh said...

I love doodling like you, I love paisleys too a lot! May I ask if you use a Wacom tablet to draw these in PS? I don't believe it's easy to draw such smooth intricate lines using PS brushes...but then again, I don't know enough about PS...dying to learn when I get that elusive thing called "Time" :)