Friday 19 November 2010

Pan-Grilled Fish Wrapped in Banana Leaves


It's not like I'm changing this blog
into a recipe or food blog.

But I find
cooking,
arranging food on the plate,
and taking photos of them,
are so much fun to do!

I don't know what to call this recipe,
I just blend some chillies, onions, ginger, lemongrass,
garlic, shrimp paste, turmeric and dried shrimps.
Add salt, fish sauce, tamarind juice and tabasco.
Marinate, and pan-grill the fish wrapped in banana leaves.

I saw them make the "spring onion curl" in Top Chef recently
(astro ~ don't remember which channel).
The secret is to put the spring onion leaves in cold water.
Here's a simple instructions for making the curls.

Hey, if you guys noticed,
I just created new label for my cooking-related posts;
"my kitchen experiments".

:)

Okay,
Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

feltralicious said...

wah ikan apa tu?ikan putih? OMG, now im craving for ikan bakar la pulak..kin pns..hikhik

mangosteenskin said...

felt,
tenggiri nih. jan ko panas2 bah...hahahaha.