Saturday 21 February 2009

Business Card

I feel sorry to Rani because she has to wait so long for her business card. No shame here, I admit that I am so outdated in terms of design software and to be honest, I never design anything for anyone before, except few humble handcarved rubberstamps and stickers. Recalling back few months ago, I have proposed quite a number of design to Rani, but it is truely understandable why most of them failed to meet her preferences. If I was her, I might reject too. I must highlight that Rani is, however, such a lovely, supportive lady as she continues to believe in me eventhough there are plenty of more established, talented graphic designer out there. Thank you so much, Rani! The kind of trust and opportunity you given me are priceless.

So I was so desperately wanting to finish this job, that I had to borrow my hubby's laptop to install Coreldraw. I created my own brush, which is my first time ever, trying to use this software. Time is too little for more experiments and improvise it to perfection but I enjoy the quick process so much, as I learnt a lot in that very short time.

Actually I am very shy to share the look of my first customized business card, but what the heck...everything got to have somewhere to start, right? I cross my finger that it is going to be okay with Rani. She have not seen this card yet.

Double-sided. Printing is done by local printing shop.

Finishing the cards with round corners.

I am so grateful that I bought this corner rounder before, eventhough it is a bit expensive, but I am sure it gonna be useful for years to come.

16 comments:

Ranicakes said...

i like it very much mango!!! tak sabaq nk dapat!!! Rani suka ur BC sebab design handmade like my cuppy cake...sangat bernilai sangat beerti...

Milkberry said...

OMG that is lovely! Retro!!! Love it! I'm sure Rani will too!!

mangosteenskin said...

Rani,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....sedang rasa sangat gembira! TQ!

mangosteenskin said...

Milkberry,

Oh! What a sweet comment. Thank you very much Milkberry! You gave my spirit a lift!

bluecrystaldude said...

Alaahh.. Nak tengok juga.. tapi Google blocked my IP address. Ish2. Must be so cute :)

jiwasintetik said...

VERY NICE!

u are very talented!
u never fail to impress me to be honest :)

Ciyou said...

looks beautiful~~

By the way, would ask u, what brand of rounded corner u brought? Mine not really good in making the corner

mangosteenskin said...

helo blue,

Hm...curios...what do you mean by google blocked your IP address?

Anyway, knowing that u want to see it already make me happy. TQ.

mangosteenskin said...

hi syntheticsoul,

hehe. kau jangan bikin kembang aku, rip! dah cukup gumuk nih!

makaseh!

mangosteenskin said...

hi ciyou,

nice seeing u here. Thanks!

I dont remember the brand because I already tossed away the box. Nothing written on the body of the cutter, only "made in taiwan" at the back.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mango...I'm finally back. Nice card. it's lovely...like the colors! And the corner rounder..I didnt know there is such a device...haha...amazing! Keep up the arts ya...cheers. :)

Milkberry said...

Hello!! If you're not busy please know that you've been tagged (but you don't have to do it if you don't want to!) hehehe~
===
Milkberryland: Google Image Tag

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

manggis!! i love yr design! it's gorgeous!! :) great job! :)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

btw, you've just been tagged with a very cool picture tag! come & check it out, k! :)

Creative Busy Bee said...

Hi! First time to be here. Just stop by and say hello!

SyedMuddassar said...

Great article about business cards with nice cards pictures. I think business cards are important part of offline exchange in the world of business.
Discount Cards.