Sunday 3 August 2008

Hand Saw and Sand Paper Sunday


Hello everyone!!! How's your recent weekend? As with me, my Sunday has been busy making mounting or handle for the stamps. Some of the stamps in the above picture had been carved since last weekend but I can't find proper time to do the wood cutting job at home. We usually reach home late from work, and it's obviously improper to do all the sawing and sand-papering at night. Living in an apartment, I understand that it's unbearably annoying when you try to rest from a long day at work (or try to put your kids to sleep) but some inconsiderate neighbours make unpleasant noise like drilling, hammer-knocking or even the sound of people using mortars on the floor. My husband use to be the one who care enough to investigate where the sound came from and knock at the neighbour's door, if the "music" they're playing doesn't really suits the mood. Hehe. So I don't want to end up people knocking at our door because of the noise I make, and of course..it'll be my hubby who opens the door because I'll be busy at the back room. Hahahaha.

I believe some people have mistakenly thought that recently I'm into wooden stamp carving. Actually the wood is just for the mounting, not carved. Well, actually this gives me idea to try carving on wood anyway. Erm..maybe some other time. Okay, back to the process, after I finished carving an eraser into a stamp, the next step is to measure and cut small plank into smaller pieces, according to the stamps respective sizes. Before I glue a stamp to its wooden backing, I will chop the stamp image on the outer surface of the mounting which later will become the top view of the stamps. It functions as sample of the image produced by the stamp and also for easy detection, so you would never end up using the wrong stamp if you got multiple identical stamps (let's say all your stamps bought from me, haha).

To my previous customer, I apologize that your stamps doesn't furnished with mountings but they're indeed sold at cheaper price.

I'm so grateful that I manage to complete all orders because I plan to work on the ATC job list this week. To those who want custom made stamps from me, I welcome any incoming orders. Please email me at mangosteenskin(at)yahoo(dot)com. I'm looking forward to create new job list for handmade stamps.

Below is the upclose view of each stamps that you see in the above picture. I will update this post for the description of each photo. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy looking at my most recent custom made stamps.











16 comments:

Restnrileks said...

aaaaaarrrrrrr.. perrghhhh!!

power.. err maaf yerr terjerit sekejap..

hehehe.. wah tgk tuu semua.. hmmm (idea datang lampu menyala)

i think i will commision you to do restnrileks. hehehe..

tapi manggo, tak per, siapkan dulu orang lain punyer dulu..

syabas (sambil tepuk tgn..)

marvelicious mango.. just marvelous..

Ciyou said...

wao~~ they are just fatastic~~

Very beautiful stamps that u carve

Ranicakes said...

so cute ang lovely...tal sabaq nk cop cop cop and cop...thanks mango...

Elara said...

They're all so cute! Lepas ni nak order one for Craft & Swap pulak! Yay! ;)

bluecrystaldude said...

Wah wah.. love the Bakedecorate2u's stamps and votik studio. Nicely done :D

Just wondering how much time did you spend to make a stamp and its mounting...

mangosteenskin said...

hi rizal...
terkejutnya...ingatkan tarzan mana pulak. boleh...boleh order...bila2 rizal nak, just email me k. i think my carving skill has improved a bit, so this time maybe i can make a better stamp for RnR.

hi ciyou,
thanks!!

hi rani,
sayapun x sabar nak kirim stamp2 yg dah siap kat rani.hehe. selagi x hantar rasa tugas belum selesai.

hi debbie,
thanks! if u want, just email k.

hi bluecrystaldude,
thanks, bakedecorate2u is my design, but votikstudio is the customer's own logo.

average stamps; 1-2 hours. more difficult stamps; 2-3hours (without interuption)not including the time for preparing the drawing. for a mounting, maybe 30mins.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I'm so impressed!!!

Good work... wow... you r so talented... I really love all of it...

**stunt**

funfliffy said...

oooohh mango these are amazing sweetie fliffy suka sgt semua ni..neat nye...ada give away dr my fren Gis..check it out ye dlm blog i..have fun creating..great work !! amazing detailings..lovely and fun fun fun !!

Bee said...

Hi Mango,

I just love the stamps! I can't stop stamping! I just can't resist! I am stamping all over the place! Thank u for making beautiful stamps!!

Now I need to invest in ink pads!

ShilaShower said...

Helo Mango,

I nak order stickers and stamps? How meh to place my order? boleh email me tak at koshy_17@yahoo.com? or ym me?

email you apa eyh?

tq

emilayusof said...

Wow! So many stamps already! I'm speechless! You did a very good job!! I really really love your work, Manggis! Keep it up!

MamaFaMi said...

Goshhhh... I love your work of art!

qifron gifts inc. said...

Manggo really really love your work.... can i order stickers and stamps?

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

omg!! manggis!! i love all these stamping. Love it, love it! especially the lady bug & doggie!! :)

Tammy said...

i want to order stamps!!!!!!

i can't wait to see sob sob

Veda said...

wow...awesome stamps....i love stamping and bought a coupld of wooden ones